To help maintain the appearance and to prolong the look of your next pair of shoes, we recommend the following:
- Regular use of a water protector spray will help to guard against staining and water penetration. Note: a protector spray will make the shoe water resistant, not waterproof.
- Wet shoes should always be left to dry naturally, never by artificial heat.
- The use of a shoe horn will prevent damage to the backs of your shoes.
- To prolong the life of your shoes, it is advisable to alternate wear between two pairs of shoes.
- Leather shoes need regular cleaning and care with wax polishes (or shoe creams).
- Select the closest colour to your shoes, or use a neutral shade.
- Before cleaning, ensure the shoes are dry and remove all surface mud and dust with a damp cloth.
- For a quick polish, use a polishing pad.
Nubuck Leather and Suede Leather Uppers
- Due to the fine nap of this leather, extra care should be taken when cleaning.
- Gentle use of a suede brush with a nubuck/suede cleaner will remove most stains.
- Suede shampoo or suede cleaning sticks are ideal for the removal of marks and stains from suede.
- After cleaning always re-protect with a water protector spray. Nubuck and suede leather cannot be entirely colourfast.